How to Join
If you would like to join the club, you can become a member of the official IEEE organization by completing an online application at the national IEEE site. Just click on the link that says Join IEEE as a Student or Graduate Student Member, fill out your information, pay the yearly membership dues (approximately $30), and you are good to go!
Also, please check out our most current set of club bylaws, available here: IEEE @ LSU Bylaws.
What is IEEE?
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is worldwide technical professional society devoted to advancing the theory and application of electrical engineering, electronics and computing. The IEEE serves engineers, scientists and other professionals in approximately 150 countries, and is the world’s largest technical professional society. The Institute believes that by promoting the free exchange of technology information, members can advance themselves and their profession, as well as contribute to general public understanding about the importance of electrical, electronics and computer engineering.
To carry out its technical and public missions, the IEEE offers a host of publications, conferences and educational programs. IEEE members have expertise in areas ranging from computers, energy and biomedical technology, to transportation and consumer electronics. Now in its second century, the Institute is dedicated to leading the search for new ways to bring technology’s benefits to people everywhere.
IEEE Member Benefits and Services
- Browse the complete collection of tables of contents for IEEE transactions, journal, magazines, conference proceedings and standards, in addition to viewing full-text articles of your personal subscriptions online through IEEE Xplore?
- Subscribe to one or more top-cited IEEE publications.
- Customize your membership by subscribing to the IEEE Member Digital Library and gain access to technical information right at your desktop.
- Subscribe to What’s New @ IEEE – the award-winning series of free monthly, opt-in email updates designed to provide you with the latest news regarding IEEE activities, industry trends, career development tips, and new IEEE product releases.
- Order virtually any publicly available document, including just-released IEEE publications, through the ASK*IEEE document delivery service.
- Network with colleagues through local IEEE Section activities, Young Professional Groups and IEEE Student Branches.
- Join one or more IEEE technical societies in your field of expertise and share information with industry leaders.
- Connect with national societies outside of the IEEE.
- Use IEEE Career and Employment Resources to secure your next employment opportunity or enhance your current situation. The IEEE Job Site lets search job postings, post your resume, and learn more about companies looking for innovators like you.
- Expand your technical knowledge through courses offered by the IEEEEducation Partners Program.
- Identify yourself as an IEEE member with a free IEEE Email Alias, complete with virus-scanning software.
- Get the IEEE Financial Advantage. More than 100,000 IEEE members worldwide currently use IEEE financial products and services – from credit cards to discounts on travel – negotiated exclusively for IEEE members and their families.
- Shop and save on IEEE products in the IEEE Online Catalog and Store.
- Follow the IEEE code of ethics
Much of this document is taken from the IEEE website at www.ieee.org.