EE 7200-1, Fall 2007
- Title: Microsystem Design – Optical and RF Applications
- Instructor: Dr. DooYoung Hah
- When/where/call number: MWF 1:40-2:30PM / EE 149 / 1907
- Office hour: MW 4:30-5:30PM, TTh 4:00-5:30PM
- Textbook: Lecture notes
- Syllabus click here
- Exam Schedule
- Midterm: Oct. 22, Mon., in-lecture
- Final: Dec. 14, Fri., 3-5 pm
Notices and Announcements
- 12/15  Grade has been posted.(Click here)
- 11/30  Solution for the Project
- 11/16  Solution for HW#4 has been posted below.
- 11/05  Solution for HW#3 has been posted below.
- 09/10  The midterm exam date has been changed again to Oct. 22 (Mon).
- 08/29  The midterm exam date has been changed to Oct. 29 (Mon).
- 08/27  The password to open the lecture note files will be provided during the class by the instructor.
- 08/01  Welcome to the course website of EE7200-1, fall 2007.
Solutions to the Home Assignments
- These are not reading assignments but for the background reading.
- Bulk micromachining: G. T. A. Kovacs, et al., "Bulk micromachining of silicon," Proc. IEEE, 86:8, 1536-51, 1998.
- Surface micromachining: J. M. Bustillo, et al., "Surface micromachining for microelectromechanical systems," Proc. IEEE, 86:8, 1552-74, 1998.
- RF MEMS review (1): J. J. Yao, "Topical review: RF MEMS from a device perspective," J. Micromech. Microeng., 10, R9-38, 2000.
- RF MEMS review (2): C. T. C. Nguyen, et al., "Micromachined devices for wireless communications," Proc. IEEE, 86:8, 1756-68, 1998.
- Microoptics: R. S. Muller, et al., "Surface-micromachined microoptical elements and systems," Proc. IEEE, 86:8, 1705-20, 1998.
- Digital micromirror devices (DMD): P. F. van Kassel, et al., "A MEMS-based projection display," Proc. IEEE, 86:8, 1687-1704, 1998.
- Pull-in phenomenon analysis of torsional electrostatic actuators: D. Hah, et al., DTIP 2002