- Optical microsystems
- RF MEMS
- Microsystems for biomedical imaging
- Molecular imaging
- Nanophotonic devices
- Microplasma/microdischarge devices
Dooyoung Hah was born in Seoul, Korea.
He received his B.S.(1994), M.S.(1996), and Ph.D.(2000) degrees all in Electrical Engineering from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). Professor Songcheol Hong has been his advisor during his graduate study.
He continued his research at the Integrated Photonics Laboratory (IPL), University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) as a Research Associate under supervision of Professor Ming C. Wu (now at UC Berkeley).
He also has worked at the Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), Korea as a Senior Member of Research Staff.
Currently, he is an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge.
- Dooyoung Hah, John Bordelon, and Dan Zhang, “Mechanically tunable optical filters with a microring resonator,” Applied Optics, Vol. 50, Issue 22, pp. 4320-4327, Aug. 2011.
- Dooyoung Hah and Dan Zhang, “Analysis of resonant optical gyroscopes with two input/output waveguides,” Optics Express, Vol. 18, Issue 17, pp. 18200-18205, Aug. 2010.
- Jui-Che Tsai, Tien-Liang Hsieh, Chun-Da Liao, Sheng-Jie Chiou, Dooyoung Hah, and Ming C. Wu, “Experimental characterization of two-axis MEMS scanners with hidden radial vertical combdrive actuators and cross-bar spring structures,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 19, No. 4, 045002, Mar. 2009.
- Seunghoon Park and Dooyoung Hah, "Pre-shaped buckled-beam actuators: theory and experiments," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Vol. 148, Issue 1, pp. 186-192, Nov. 2008.
- Jui-Che Tsai, Sheng-Jie Chiou, Tien-Liang Hsieh, Chia-Wei Sun, Dooyoung Hah, and Ming C. Wu, "Two-axis MEMS scanners with radial vertical combdrive actuators—design, theoretical analysis, and fabrication," Journal of Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, Vol. 10, 44006, Apr. 2008.