From LSU ECE Wiki
The ECE Department Linux & UNIX systems use a separate authentication system from the PAWS ID utilized on Windows systems. All graduate students and undergraduate seniors are eligible for accounts by completing the appropriate form:
NOTE: All student accounts will have user names matching their PAWS ID, though passwords may differ.
The following Linux boxes in Lab 126 are available to students locally, or remotely through (ssh):
- tornado.ece.lsu.edu - SL 7
- simplex.ece.lsu.edu - SL 7
- manifold.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- rain.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- nereid.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- carrier.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- agent.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- titan.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- andromeda.ece.lsu.edu- GPGPU SL 7
- pulsar.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- snow.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- comet.ece.lsu.edu - Xeon Phi RHEL 6
- asteroid.ece.lsu.edu - Xeon Phi RHEL 6
- venus.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- helena.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- frost.ece.lsu.edu - GPGPU SL 7
- robot.ece.lsu.edu - SUN Solaris 10
- oberon.ece.lsu.edu - SUN Solaris 10
Network File Storage
The Department maintains one file server to provide network file storage to faculty, staff, & students.
The network storage should be mapped as a user's /home directory on all Department maintained computers.
On- & off-campus access is possible, but connection specifics greatly differ based on location and Operating System (more accurately protocol) used.
Generally, Linux clients can mount the storage using the mount command to access using NFS:
- Server name: ecelinuxfs.ece.lsu.edu
- Windows clients can access the storage using Samba, though this functionality must be enabled on a user-by-user basis
NOTE: A VPN connection is required to map ECE network drives from off-campus. More info here.