- Guoxiang Gu, was made an IEEE Fellow, for
contributions to robust identification and control, 2010.
- Jorge L. Aravena was awarded the
Oskar R. Menton Professorship, March 2005.
- Leszek S. Czarnecki was awarded the Alfredo M. Lopez
Distinguished Professorship, March 2005.
- Martin Feldman was awarded the
Mr. & Mrs. A.J.M. “Bubba” Oustalet Distinguished
Professorship, March 2005.
- J. (Ram) Ramanujam was awarded the
John E. & Beatrice L. Ritter Distinguished Professorship,
- J. (Ram) Ramanujam, Best Paper Award (Applications Track) for
“Efficient Synthesis of Out-of-core Algorithms Using a Nonlinear
Optimization Solver,” (authors: Sandhya Krishnan, Sriram
Krishnamoorthy, Gerald Baumgartner, Chi-Chung Lam, J. Ramanujam, and
P. Sadayappan) at the 18th International Parallel and Distributed
Processing Symposium (2004 IPDPS Conference), Santa Fe, April
- J. (Ram) Ramanujam, Best Paper Award (Systems) for “Data
Locality Optimization for Synthesis of Efficient Out-of-Core
Algorithms,” (authors: Sandhya Krishnan, Sriram Krishnamoorthy,
Gerald Baumgartner, Daniel Cociorva, Chi-Chung Lam, P. Sadayappan,
J. Ramanujam, David E. Bernholdt, and Venkatesh Choppella) at the
International Conference on High Performance Computing (HiPC
03), December 2003.
- Guoxiang Gu was awarded the F. Hugh Coughlin/CLECO
Distinguished Professorship, May 2003.
- Kemin Zhou, IEEE Fellow, for contributions to the robust
control system theory and applications, 2003.
- J. (Ram) Ramanujam, Distinguished Visitor, IEEE Computer
- Subhash Kak, Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of
Technology, Delhi, 2002.
- Jeong-Bong Lee, NSF CAREER Award, 2001.
- Subhash Kak, Goyal Prize, 1998.
- Jin-Woo Choi, 2nd Best Paper Prize, Eurosensors XIII
Conference, The Hague, The Netherlands, September 12-15, 1999,
for the paper: J.-W. Choi, S. Bhansali, C. H. Ahn, and
H. T. Henderson, “A Novel Magnetic Bead-Based Filterless
Bio-Separator with Planar Electromagnet Surfaces”
- Jin-Woo Choi, The Annual Journal Paper Award, The Korean
Institute of Electrical Engineers (KIEE), Seoul, Korea, 1997, for:
J.-W. Choi and Y.-K. Kim, “Electrohydrodynamic Micropump Driven
by Traveling Electric Fields”
- Leszek Czarnecki, IEEE Fellow, for the development of the
power theory of three-phase asymmetrical systems with nonsinusoidal
waveforms, and for the contribution to measurements, power factor, and
power quality improvement in such systems, 1996.
- J. (Ram) Ramanujam, NSF Young Investigator Award, 1994.
- Jorge Camacho (major professor, Pratul Ajmera) was awarded a
Donald W. Clayton Graduate Fellowship for 2005-08.
- Min Luo (major professor, J. Aravena) was awarded a
University Dissertation Fellowship for 2005-06.
- Royston Siow (major professor, Theda Daniels-Race) was awarded a
Donald W. Clayton Graduate Fellowship for 2004-07.
- Atef Allam (major professor, J. Ramanujam) was awarded a
University Dissertation Fellowship for 2004-05.
- Ankush Agarwal (ECE undergraduate student) won University Medal
in Summer 2002 commencement for perfect GPA (the only one in the
College of Engineering)
- Five undergraduate students won University Medal in Spring 2002
commencement for perfect GPA (from the College of Engineering):
Jing Jiang and Xuefeng Zhuang are now in
graduate school at Stanford University.
- Chuang Zhang won 4th place in the Student Paper Award
Competition out of 10 best outstanding papers from 200 students paper
submitted from 32 countries in IEEE 45th International Midwest
Symposium on Circuits and Systems, August 4-7, 2002, Tulsa,
- Daniel U. Campos-Delgado (April 2001) won The College of
Engineering Exemplary Dissertation Award, 2002. The title of the
dissertation is “Active Control of Thermo-Acoustical Instabilities”.
(advisor: Dr. Kemin Zhou)
- In-Hyouk Song, Best Student Poster Paper Award -
Microfabrication, Second Louisiana Conference on Microfabrication and
Materials Science, Baton Rouge, Aug. 20-22, 2001.
- Daniel U. Campos-Delgado, D. Allgood, K. Zhou, and S. Acharya,
“Identification and active control of thermoacoustic instabilities,”
2001 IEEE Conference on Control Applications, Mexico, September 2001
(Top five finalists of the Student Best Papers).
- David P. Norton, “Photochemical Vapor Deposition of
Gallium Arsenide utilizing Ultraviolet Radiation.” PhD
Dissertation. Co-winner, LSU Alumni Distinguished Dissertation Award,
April 1990. (advisor: P. Ajmera).
- David P. Norton, was also named a Wigner Fellow in 1990 by Oak
Ridge National Laboratory.